You can knit up an entire zoo worth of adorable hats with this great list of the cutest animal baby hat knitting patterns on the web!
What parent doesn’t sometimes feel like their house is a zoo? Am I right? I personally think animal baby hats are the best.
If you’re new here, after my second baby was born, I got, well…a little addicted to knitting. Hats specifically. One of the first little hats I knit was actually for a pregnant friend and it was the baby bear hat. I wanted a little knit hat with ears and I couldn’t find a simple pattern for one like I was envisioning anywhere.
I had written down a handful of knitting patterns before that but not a lot, but after I knit that bear hat, I kind of got addicted to animal baby hat knitting patterns.
I just think hats are pretty much the perfect kind of knitting project.
- They don’t take TOO much time.
- You can knit them with affordable but nice yarns
- You can knit them in the round which means no seaming or purling!
- If you use magic loop, you don’t even have to use double pointed needles!
- They don’t require any unusual or special knitting tools or supplies
- They are a knitting project that gets a lot of use. You wear hats every day for half the year in our climate, versus a sweater which you might wear once a week for that same time.
And I also think animal baby hats are even better because they are just so darn cute. No one in the history of the world has ever looked at a baby in an animal hat and been grouchy. It’s not humanly possible!
Baby animal hat knitting patterns are also so much fun to knit. They’re totally unlike any other knitting project you’ll probably ever take on, and I personally enjoy something that’s a little different and slightly, but not too, challenging. It’s a great balance for a knitting project!
So today we’re taking a look at all the cutest animal baby hat knitting patterns that you can knit. Come on and take a look!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Free Printable Tooth Fairy Letter and DIY Tooth Fairy Lost Tooth Box - April 15, 2021
- Bluebell Baby Bonnet Knitting Pattern - April 13, 2021
- Splurge-Worthy Craft Supplies! - April 8, 2021