WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters, only if you opt-in. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Contact Form – If you contact me via my contact form, this service will collect your name and email address so that I can respond to you. It does not collect any other personal information.
MiloTree – this mobile service is used to collect your name and email address for the delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, email address, avatar, profile description and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Little Red Window (Little Red Window Design) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Our website may contain other affiliate marketing links, including Craftsy and ShareASale, or Skimlinks, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. There is NO additional cost to you. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This policy is valid from 04 February 2015
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
I will never sell your information to any third parties when you sign up for my newsletter, comment or otherwise contact me!
This site does contain links to other third party sites. I am not responsible for their privacy practices, please be careful with your personal information.
I reserve the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time.
Questions? Please let me know (email@example.com)!
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Can I share one of your posts?
- Yes, please do share my work! You may share one or two of my images as long as you provide a proper link back to the original post. Please do not crop out watermarks, post any written steps or use more than one photo of tutorial steps.
- If you share one of my posts on social media, don’t forget to tag me!
- facebook: @littleredwindow
- instagram: @littleredwindowcrafts
- twitter: @littleredwindow
- g+: +LittleRedWindow
- Ravelry: www.ravelry.com/people/cassieheckman
I thought you said this knitting pattern was free? Why is it taking me to your etsy shop to pay?
- Go back to the pattern page and #1: actually read the post and #2: keep scrolling down… yep, keep going…past the pdf printable button…yep, there it is! The entire pattern IS available for free. And look! There are even step by step photos! Now if you prefer a convenient one-page (or two pages in a few cases) printable version or want some additional size options, you can upgrade to the PDF version for a few dollars. That little bit of money helps me keep my site running and I soooo appreciate it. But it certainly isn’t mandatory.
How do I print one of your free knitting patterns?
- You can just hit print on the website, but it will probably be several pages long. If you want the convenience of a one page printable version (+ additional size options) for just a few dollars, visit my Etsy shop. As I said, those few bucks help me keep my site running and help me keep bringing you adorable patterns!
Can I take your post and repost an excerpt or the entire thing on my site?
- No. Seriously. I have lawyer friends.
- littleredwindow.com is copyrighted and cannot be copied and reproduced (either in print or electronic form) without my prior written consent.
Can I make one of your projects/ideas but repost it on my own site with my own words and pictures?
- You can, but that isn’t very nice.
Can I make something “inspired by” one of your projects/ideas and post it on my site?
- Yes, of course, but I really really appreciate a mention and obvious link as your inspiration. Feel free to add how much you love me. 😉
How do I print one of your free printables?
- Click on the link within the post and a pdf will open in a new tab in your browser. Print the pdf from there to your home printer (I recommend cardstock). The print will print on 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper so you will have to trim your print down to 8″ x 10″ with a craft knife or scissors to fit in a standard frame.
Can I distribute, sell, or post one of your free printables?
- Free printables are copyright Little Red Window Design and are intended for personal use only. You may not distribute, sell, reproduce (in print or electronically), or post them online. You also may not use any of the art or designs from the free printables in other works of art, printed materials, as clip art, or on other websites. If you’re interested in sharing one of my free printables you may share the one featured low-res image from the post (with watermark) and include a link back to the original full post for people to print their own copy.