Find the best, easiest, and cutest free printable valentines for kids (they’re all candy-free!) to take to school for Valentine’s Day parties right here and get tips and tricks to make sure your printable valentines turn out perfectly!
You guys, I am a sucker for homemade valentines cards. I remember going crazy with the doilies and glitter and stickers when I was a kid and I always made sure every single valentine was unique. It was like my crafting Super Bowl.
Is anyone surprised I chose this career for myself? No? Ha!
But not everyone enjoys that. And that is totally 100% ok! In fact, even now, if my kids wanted to make totally homemade valentines, I would get them all set up and help. But so far they haven’t been interested (well, Baby V isn’t quite old enough) and I don’t have time.
I mean, I really don’t have time. I think many of you can relate.
So, why choose printable valentines over store bought valentines?
- They’re cuter!
- They’re sure to be unique, no one else in the class will have the same valentines for sure!
- If you print them at home, they will definitely be cheaper.
- You can support a small business (just by scrolling past a couple of ads usually) when you download a free printable valentine instead of giving even more of your hard earned dollars to the gazillionaires who own the rights to Paw Patrol and the Minions. (This is obviously my favorite reason)
- No trip to the store spending half an hour in the Valentine’s Day aisle while your kids choose which type of cards to get and then another half hour where they ask you to buy them all of the heart shaped candy in the entire world.
- Most store bought valentines include candy and many schools want candy-free cards only. Printable valentines make that easy!
Those are all of the reason why I choose candy-free printable valentines for kids over store bought. Do you have any others? Let me know!
Before we get to all of the cute options I found for you today, I wanted to share some easy ways to make sure your printable valentines look good and not crappy.
Tips & Tricks for making free printable valentines look good!
- My number one tip is to have them printed on a laser printer. Whether that’s in your office (if that’s allowed) or at your local print shop, it’s 100% worth it to get better print and color quality than an inkjet. At a print shop it really will usually cost less than $3 for an entire classroom worth of valentines cards.
- If you can’t/don’t use a laser printer and choose to print at home on an inkjet printer, use the BEST QUALITY settings (or whatever the equivalent is on your printer). Yes, it will use a little more ink but it really will look better.
- Print on CARDSTOCK, not regular paper. The thicker the paper, the better they look. Even if you can’t/don’t follow the first tip and use a laser printer, your home-printed inkjet printer cards will still look much better on cardstock.
- Assuming your printable cards print more than one to a page, cut them apart with a craft knife and metal ruler, NOT scissors. They will look much more professional.
- If you don’t trust yourself with a craft knife, the print shop can cut them for you! This is usually only another dollar or two. AND it saves you even more time!
- If your printable valentines involve attaching something to them (like my helicopter valentines, for example, that have a little toy attached) invest in some cute washi tape. That will take your valentines from mediocre to fancy in two seconds flat.
Looking for non-candy treats to add to Valentine’s Day cards?
- cute heart shaped tattoos
- cute Valentine’s Day stickers
- heart shaped glasses
- heart shaped keychains
- Valentine’s Day pencils
- Valentine’s Day erasers
- Valentine’s Day stamps
- Valentine’s Day heart shaped stress balls
- Valentine rubber duckies
- Stretchy Valentine’s Day bracelets
- Valentine’s Day slap bracelets
- Valentine’s Day friendship bracelets
Ok, so now you know why you should pick printable valentines and how to make them look good, let me show you the best free printable valentines for kids out there! You won’t believe all of these super cute options I found! If you’re looking for a specific party favor used in one of these posts, or want to pin an idea, be sure to click through!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…