Make some adorable photo keepsakes with this DIY cookie cutter ornament tutorial!
Not quite sure how it happened, but I found this cute DIY cookie cutter ornament tutorial just sitting in my photo folder, languishing. How could I forget this one! I love a project like this that just takes a few supplies like a cookie cutter, a photo, a little bit of ribbon and some cute scrapbook paper. You probably have most of these things at home already!
This would also be a really really fun project to make at a craft night. Just have each participant bring their own photos and you could supply the rest and make them together!
I really loved how these turned out, they were maybe a touch fussy but you know I love a photo ornament and this is a cute twist and could be done with any shape cookie cutter.
I think it would extremely cute with gingerbread people cookie cutters. Or snowmen! If you make your own cookie cutter photo ornament, share it with me, I’d love to see what you come up with. Are you ready to craft? Let’s do it!
DIY Cookie Cutter Ornament Supply List
DIY Cookie Cutter Ornament Instructions
- Trace the INSIDE of the cookie cutter onto your photo and cut it out carefully.
- Carefully insert the photo inside the cookie cutter, taking care to put it in there flat. Secure on the back side with hot glue, it’s ok if it looks messy.
- Cut a 5 inch piece of ribbon and glue it inside the top of the cookie cutter to make a hanging loop.
- Trace the OUTSIDE of the cookie cutter on your cute scrapbook paper and cut out carefully. Make sure your cuts are nice, the edges will be visible. Secure the scrapbook paper on the back of the cookie cutter with small amounts of glue along the cookie cutter edge. This time, glue carefully!
That’s it, hang your cute DIY cookie cutter photo ornament on your tree and enjoy!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 8 Really Bad Crafting Habits We All Have (And How to Break Them) - February 22, 2024
- Plaid Double Brim Hat Knitting Pattern - February 20, 2024
- 5 Genius Tips to Make Craft Project Cleanup Less Painful - February 15, 2024