Knit an adorable snowman, holly and peppermint candy with this fun and easy winter ornament set knitting pattern!
Our Christmas tree is starting to become more knitted ornaments than not…and I love it! The other day I was sitting in the living room and a glass ornament just dropped to the floor and shattered. Not a problem with knit Christmas ornaments, am I right?
This year I designed a winter ornament set knitting pattern. This cute set includes the adorable holly leaves and berries ornament:
The cute round peppermint candy ornament:
And the lovable snowman ornament complete with braided scarf and bendy pipe cleaner stick arms:
These ornaments are all knit flat which I know some of you will be super excited about. And please note that the peppermint candy ornament does require basic knowledge of stranded knitting knit flat. I knit mine as fair isle and carried the second color because it’s small, but you could do it as intarsia or even duplicate stitch if you prefer.
To make the snowman ornament you will need to know how to braid and how to embroider a french knot for the snowman’s eyes and buttons. You could use teeny tiny pom poms if you prefer.
In addition to regular knitting supplies, to make these ornaments you will also need a few extra things including polyester fiber fill and a brown pipe cleaner.
If you love knitting ornaments, don’t forget I have lots of other cute Christmas ornament knitting patterns including:
- Monogram Christmas Ornament knitting pattern
- Yearly Date Christmas Ornament knitting pattern
- Classic Christmas Ornament Set knitting pattern
- Fair Isle Christmas Ornaments knitting pattern
Are you ready to start knitting your winter Christmas ornaments? Let’s go!
Winter Ornament Set Knitting Pattern
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches
Peppermint: Approx. 3.5 in x 3.5 in.
Holly: Approx. 4 in. x 2.5 in.
Snowman: Approx. 2 in. x 4 in.
- Worsted weight yarn in red, white, green, black and orange
- US 7 16″ straight knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Polyester fiber fill stuffing
- brown pipe cleaner
(If you need help, my favorite knitting reference book for everyone from beginners to advanced knitters is THIS ONE!)
This cute pattern is available for sale only. When you purchase this pattern, you’ll get an instant download PDF pattern in a few nicely formatted easy-to-print pages that includes written instructions and step by step photos. This pattern is available in my Etsy shop or on Ravelry where it will also be permanently stored in your Ravelry pattern library.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Use Leftover Vinyl Scraps for These Creative Craft Project Ideas - September 21, 2023
- Dr. Frankenstein’s Stitched Hat Knitting Pattern - September 19, 2023
- The Best Basic Embroidery Tools and Materials You NEED To Get Started - September 14, 2023