These pretty sparkle snowflake ornaments are a fun afternoon project and they even make great gifts!
I made these sparkle snowflake ornaments about 5 or 6 years ago, I actually originally made about 20 of them as gift toppers, but then some of my beloved extended family members kind of abandoned them in the piles of wrapping paper (not realizing I’d MADE them) so I rescued them and brought them back home with me.
Such is the life of a crafter, huh?
Anyway, I debated whether or not to share these pretty snowflake ornaments. I mean, figuring out to make sparkle snowflake ornaments is not exactly rocket science. But they are honestly among my favorite things to put on the tree every year, the sparkle is pretty in the lights, and I LOVE that each one is different, just like a real snowflake.
So I decided I’d share them with you. And you all can use them as inspiration for your own sparkle snowflake ornaments. Or not. It’s cool.
Oh but p.s. this would be a GREAT project to do with a slightly older kid, maybe 7 or 8 or older? I had a ton of fun myself coming up with different patterns. And there’s glitter involved which, duh, kids always love.
But before I get to the details I’m going to share a few of them up close so you can get a good look!
I love how the each have their own little personality. Like a real snowflake!
Sparkle Snowflake Ornament Supply List
Sparkle Snowflake Ornament Instructions
- If your snowflakes aren’t already white, paint them white with spray paint.
- Use your detail brushes to make symmetrical and unique designs on each snowflake.
- To make dots, turn your paintbrushes over and dip the ends of the handle in paint, then use to dot paint onto the snowflake.
- When the paint is dry add sparkly glitter accents. Use your fine tip craft glue and add dots of glue within your designs.
- Shake glitter over the ornaments. If you are using chunky glitter and want to carefully place larger bits of glitter in the glue drops, use tweezers.
- Shake off excess glitter and let dry.
And that’s it! Enjoy your sparkle snowflake ornaments!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- The Cutest Vegetable and Fruit Baby Hat Knitting Patterns - May 28, 2020
- Little Lemon Hat Knitting Pattern - May 27, 2020
- Make Your Own Craft Supplies - May 21, 2020