These adorable keepsake snowman fingerprint ornaments are fun and easy to make with your kids’ help and they make a great Christmas gift!
You guys, I think I might be losing my mind. We were decorating our Christmas tree last weekend and I pulled out this adorable keepsake snowman fingerprint ornament and realized I never shared it with you!
I make a keepsake christmas ornament every year for family members and I always have the same dilemma, I don’t really want to share them here before I’ve gifted them because it will spoil the surprise.
But I distinctly remember photographing this one so that I could share it later…. I mean, of course I did that…right?!
Fast forward 11 months…I cannot find a single photo. And I keep my photos pretty well organized!
What happened? Did I file them away somewhere weird? Did I take them and then name the folder something that doesn’t make sense to future me? I tried looking under keepsake ornament, snowman ornament, photo ornament…not there! OR maybe I never photographed them at all??
And if that’s the case, what in the world was I thinking? Should I have my blogging license revoked? (If you haven’t caught on by now, I might possibly be slightly type A and driven to insanity by losing things. Just possibly…)
So you’ll have to bear with me today. I still want to share these cute DIY snowman fingerprint ornaments but I have no pics of the process. Luckily these keepsake snowman fingerprint ornaments are soooo easy to make you don’t really NEED pictures.
I’ve detailed the steps below. If you make your own keepsake snowman fingerprint ornaments, I’d love to see them! Tag me on instagram!
Ready? Here’s how I made them…
Keepsake Snowman Fingerprint Ornaments
Make these adorable keepsake snowman fingerprint ornaments with a little help from your kids!
- Flat ornament blank: I bought flat paper mache ornament blanks from the craft store but these wood ones would work great!
- Gold craft paint
- White, black, red and orange craft paint
- Adorable photo of your children--thanks Little Bitty Productions!
- Craft glue
- First, paint your entire ornament gold
- Then pour some paint on a disposable paper plate (or similar) and have your child press their thumb in the paint
- Carefully press the child's thumbrint on the bottom center of the ornament in three spots to make the snowman's body
- Wash hands!
- Repeat with any other children
- Use your tiny paintbrush to add details to your snowmen including little tophats, tiny carrot noses, a scarf, and coal for the eyes and buttons
- Use the snowflake punch to punch some snowflake shapes from plain white paper and glue them to the ornament above the snowmen
- Add additional snowflake dots with white paint and your tiny paintbrush
- Write the year (and children's names if you want) in the sky with either the paintbrush or a paint pen if you find that easier
- Wait for this side of your ornament to thoroughly dry
- Flip the ornament over, apply glue all over the other side and place the ornament, glue side down, on the BACK of your printed photo, being sure to center your kids
- Place a book on top to make sure the photo stays flat while drying
- When the glue is dried, use a craft knife to trim away the excess photo from the edges of the ornament
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Package of 24 Unfinished Round Wood Christmas Ornaments - Ready to Be Painted and Decorated
TECH-P Creative Life 3 PCS (1.5",1",5/8") Snowflake Shape Craft Punch Scrapbook Paper Cutter Eva Foam Hole Punch Tool for Christmas Party Arts Crafts Decorations
Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint in Assorted Colors (2-Ounce), 32103 Gold
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set, 18 Piece (2-Ounce), PROMOABI Assorted Colors I
Virtuoso 15-Piece Fine Paintbrushes, Handmade Detail Paint Brush Set - for Acrylic, Watercolor, Oil - Includes Deluxe Carry-Case
Tombow 62191 MONO Multi Liquid Glue, 0.88 Ounce, 1-Pack. Multi-Purpose Glue with Dual Tip Dispenser for Precise to Full Coverage Application
X-ACTO #1 Knife, Z Series With Safety Cap
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Free Printable Easter Egg Coupons - March 22, 2023
- Rainbow Rib Hat Knitting Pattern - March 22, 2023
- Twisted Stockinette Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - March 16, 2023
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Find out about our newest knitting patterns, crafts, DIYs and inspiration by signing up to receive our weekly newsletter here at Little Red Window!
Leave a Reply