This adorable set of knit trees knitting pattern includes a cute bearded Santa tree, a classic Christmas tree and a Christmas present tree!
I have knit up cabled Christmas trees, and I have knit up plaid Christmas trees, this year we’re making Santa trees! This adorable Santa tree set knitting pattern includes a classic Christmas tree, a Santa tree and a cute little Christmas present tree with a bow on the front.
This combo is the perfect addition to your holiday decor and a super fun knit too!
Here is the large classic Christmas tree:
Here is the medium Santa tree:
Here is the small Christmas present tree:
Tips and Tricks for Knitting Christmas Trees
- When knitting colorwork in the round, be mindful of the tension of the floats that span between double pointed needles.
- Blocking your trees before assembly (though optional) will help even out your colorwork stitches.
- When making the cardboard or stiff paper cone (I suggest a manila file folder) to put inside your trees, make sure the cone shape is wide enough that your knit trees are slightly stretched on them, that will give your trees a nice sharp tree shape. If the cone is too narrow, your knitting will look wrinkly.
Santa Trees Set Knitting Pattern
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches
Small tree: 3 inches in diameter, 5 inches tall
Medium tree: 4 inches in diameter, 8 inches tall
Large tree: 5 inches in diameter, 11.5 inches tall
Santa Trees Supply List
- Worsted weight yarn in white, red, green, gold, skin color of your choice
- White chenille yarn (e.g. Bernat Pipsqueak)
- 4 US 7 (4.5mm) double pointed knitting needles
- 2 Small pom poms in red and white
- Yarn needle
- Manila file folder or other thin cardboard
(If you need help, my favorite knitting reference book for everyone from beginners to advanced knitters is THIS ONE!)
This cute pattern is available for sale only. When you purchase this pattern, you’ll get an instant download PDF pattern in a few nicely formatted easy-to-print pages that includes written instructions and step by step photos. This pattern is available in my Etsy shop or on Ravelry where it will also be permanently stored in your Ravelry pattern library.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 8 Really Bad Crafting Habits We All Have (And How to Break Them) - February 22, 2024
- Plaid Double Brim Hat Knitting Pattern - February 20, 2024
- 5 Genius Tips to Make Craft Project Cleanup Less Painful - February 15, 2024