This cute plaid Christmas trees knitting pattern is cute, cozy and festive, they’re the perfect holiday knit for your home this year!
Last year I made some super cute Christmas trees using cable stitches and so many of you loved them. This year, I’ve been on a plaid kick so I thought I’d try a PLAID Christmas trees knitting pattern.
I am so happy with how they turned out. There are three sizes with three different plaid patterns and I think they look so cute all together! I’ve never been a real big green fan, but I think these trees change that and now I want all green plaid all holiday season!
Here’s the large tree:
Here’s the medium tree:
And here’s the adorable small tree:
To me plaid always equals cozy which I think we can all use an extra dose of this year, you know what I mean. What a year.
These cute little plaid christmas trees are knit in the round using double pointed knitting needles, but if you hate DPN’s you can definitely use the magic loop method and these will be even easier to knit. I’ll be honest, once you learn magic loop you won’t need DPN’s very often so it’s worth giving it a try!
I knit mine in white, medium green and dark green worsted weight yarn, but these plaid christmas trees would be cute in shades of red or black and white or any other plaid color combination you can imagine! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! Don’t forget to share your plaid christmas trees with me over on Ravelry!
Tips and Tricks for Knitting Christmas Trees
- When knitting colorwork in the round, be mindful of the tension of the floats that span between double pointed needles.
- Blocking your trees before assembly (though optional) will help even out your colorwork stitches.
- When making the cardboard or stiff paper cone (I suggest a manila file folder) to put inside your trees, make sure the cone shape is wide enough that your knit trees are slightly stretched on them, that will give your trees a nice sharp tree shape. If the cone is too narrow, your knitting will look wrinkly.
Plaid Christmas Tree Knitting Pattern
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches
Small tree: 3 inches in diameter, 5 inches tall
Medium tree: 4 inches in diameter, 8 inches tall
Large tree: 5 inches in diameter, 11.5 inches tall
Plaid Christmas Trees Supply List
- Worsted weight yarn in white, medium green and dark green
- 4 US 7 (4.5mm) double pointed knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Manila file folder or other thin cardboard
(If you need help, my favorite knitting reference book for everyone from beginners to advanced knitters is THIS ONE!)
This cute pattern is available for sale only. When you purchase this pattern, you’ll get an instant download PDF pattern in a few nicely formatted easy-to-print pages that includes written instructions and step by step photos. This pattern is available in my Etsy shop or on Ravelry where it will also be permanently stored in your Ravelry pattern library.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Free Printable Easter Egg Coupons - March 22, 2023
- Rainbow Rib Hat Knitting Pattern - March 22, 2023
- Twisted Stockinette Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - March 16, 2023
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Find out about our newest knitting patterns, crafts, DIYs and inspiration by signing up to receive our weekly newsletter here at Little Red Window!
Leave a Reply