These cute free printable unicorn pencil valentines are super cute. You just print, cut and add a glittery pencil as the unicorn’s horn!
This year Baby V wanted Unicorn themed Valentine’s Day cards. I figured I’d make them for her and use glitter pencils for the unicorn horns. They turned out SO cute so I’m sharing the free printable unicorn pencil valentines with you!
If you have never printed your own Valentine’s Day card before it’s super easy. You can definitely print them at home, but I also some years send them to my local copy shop. One year I even had them cut them for me, did you know you can do that?! Totally 100% worth it.
These are some of the easiest printable valentines I’ve ever made, I’m in a low maintenance phase of life but yet still enjoy the thrill of something being “handmade”. These are like that old Food Network show Semi-Homemade where the woman used things like biscuit dough for pizza crust or jazzed up a bagged salad. You get the joy of a little bit of crafting. I do all the “hard work” of designing them for you. It’s a win!
If you haven’t printed your own Valentine’s Day cards before, here are some ideas to make them look great!
Tips & Tricks for great looking Printable Valentine’s Day Cards
- For best quality, have them printed at your local copy shop.
- Have them printed on CARDSTOCK instead of paper, they’ll look a lot nicer.
- Make sure you don’t click “scale to fit” or change the size of the images of they may be distorted.
- Cut the cards apart with either a paper cutter or a craft knife & ruler. No scissors, it’s too hard to get a nice straight cut.
- Have your kids write on the valentines BEFORE you finish assembling them, it’s a lot easier.
- Have your kids write on a few at a time instead of making them sit down and do the entire class at once, I promise it will be a lot easier.
Are you ready to get started on your unicorn pencil valentines? Let’s do it!
Download our unicorn pencil valentines here.
- Download our free printable unicorn pencil valentines
- Print as many valentines as you need on cardstock
- Cut the valentines apart along the light gray lines with either a paper cutter or a craft knife and metal ruler
- Use a craft knife to cut the dotted line at the top of the unicorn's head for the pencil to go through.
- Have your child write on all of their valentines
- Sharpen all of your glitter pencils
- Insert a glitter pencil from back to front through the slit you cut in step 4.
- Use a sticky dot on the back of the card to hold the pencil in place (optional)
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Use Leftover Vinyl Scraps for These Creative Craft Project Ideas - September 21, 2023
- Dr. Frankenstein’s Stitched Hat Knitting Pattern - September 19, 2023
- The Best Basic Embroidery Tools and Materials You NEED To Get Started - September 14, 2023