Add these cute free printable handmade fiber care instruction gift tags to your next crochet or knit gift so your fiber projects are well taken care of!
I’ve made an accidental tradition of making cute printable gift tags every year during the holiday. One year I made knit/crochet gift tags. Then last year I made some really cute craft/art/sewing gift tags. And then this year I made these super handy fiber care instruction gift tags for knit & crochet.
It all started because I was writing a post about when it’s a good idea to splurge on expensive yarn and one of the cons to using expensive yarn for gifts for other people is that they might not know how to care for it. It would really be a bummer to knit a nice wool gift and then have the recipient toss it in the washer and dryer and end up with a teeny tiny version of their gift.
Another thing I heard recently in a mom group was that someone’s grandmother had knit them a beautiful blanket but they kept it on a shelf for “safekeeping” and never used it because they were too scared of ruining it or trying to ever have to wash it. That’s so sad! I think people are a little scared of taking care of handmade fiber things, but it’s not that hard, you just have to pay attention!
So I thought these cute tags might be super helpful for you, friends! Just print on cardstock so they’re nice and sturdy, and then cut, punch a hole and attach to your knit or crochet gift.
These fiber care instruction gift tags include checkboxes for different washing and drying instructions as well as a checklist of different fiber materials so you can check what fiber the item is actually made of.
I can think of a whole bunch of times I would have liked to have a tag like this on something given to me so I really hope it’s helpful!
Printable Fiber Care Gift Tags- Instructions and Supplies
- Download the free printable fiber care gift tags
- Print one (or more) copies on nice cardstock
- Cut your gift tags out
- Punch a hole in one end as shown
- Write a nice message and/or care instructions for your handmade gift on the back of the tags (optional)!
- String your gift tag with a little bit of ribbon or string and tie in a knot around your gift
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 8 Really Bad Crafting Habits We All Have (And How to Break Them) - February 22, 2024
- Plaid Double Brim Hat Knitting Pattern - February 20, 2024
- 5 Genius Tips to Make Craft Project Cleanup Less Painful - February 15, 2024