These cute tongue in cheek silly handmade gift tags are perfect to add to all of your handmade gifts, they’re sure to get a smile!
I know when I make a gift for someone else, I’m always a little worried about whether or not they’re going to like it. I think every maker’s worst fear is that they spend time making a handcrafted gift for someone and they don’t enjoy it. But of course the person would never TELL you they didn’t like it so your glorious creation would just sit in a closet somewhere unloved.
But my second fear is that I make them something and the person I give it to doesn’t even realize that I made it. Like what if they think I bought it at Target and they toss it aside or donate it or something? I realize this is a dumb worry, but I bet I’m not the only one who feels like this, am I right?
It usually awkwardly causes me to blurt out, “I made that!” and then they’re either surprised, or they look at me like I’m a moron because, of course they knew I made it. Sometimes my husband helps (if he’s there) and kindly says something to clue them in that it’s handmade. That’s really the best solution, but it’s still awkward!
These silly handmade gift tags will solve this problem completely! A little self-deprecating humor makes a lot of situations better! These free printable gift tags have 8 different designs on one page. And I kept them black and white to make them easy to print. You can always put fun colored or patterned scrapbook paper behind them!
Printable Silly Handmade Gift Tags- Instructions and Supplies
- Download the free printable silly handmade gift tags
- Print one (or more) copies on nice cardstock
- Cut your gift tags out
- Punch a hole in one end as shown
- Write a nice message and/or care instructions for your handmade gift on the back of the tags (optional)!
- String your gift tag with a little bit of ribbon or string and tie in a knot around your gift
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Nested Heart Hat Knitting Pattern - January 25, 2022
- Can I Substitute Yarn? - January 20, 2022
- Valentine’s Day Heart Stocking Cap Knitting Pattern - January 18, 2022