Make your own easy and bright DIY Lemon Wreath from scrapbook paper, it’s the perfect, sunny, summer lemon home decor!
You guys, I’m in love with my DIY Lemon Wreath. It’s basically the perfect kitchen wreath. I put mine up on the wall near my kitchen door and it honestly makes me smile every time I see it, I think it’s the bright colors. It happens to be summer here and it feels JUST perfect for the season.
Perhaps tangentially related…I’ve really been craving lemonade lately….
Ha. But honestly, this one’s a winner and it was super easy to make. I’m going to give you the easy DIY lemon wreath instructions to make with a Silhouette Cameo but you can easily use a Cricut OR if you don’t have either one, just freehand the lemon shapes and cut them with scissors. It would be totally doable.
I’m not kidding, the only reason this wasn’t a super speedy craft is because I cut way more lemon and leaf shapes than I actually needed. (And now I have a ton left that I have to figure out what to do with!). But if I had made only as many as I used, this entire thing would have been complete in about a half an hour.
Wouldn’t this lemon wreath be a fun project for a craft night? You could pre-cut all the lemon shapes and have your friends each just assemble their own!
Now I desperately want to make another one with some green and orange and turn it into a lemon lime wreath or add some orange and make it a citrus wreath! You could even do pink grapefuit slices, how pretty would that be?! Stay tuned, maybe I’ll work on that next!
DIY Lemon Wreath Supply List
Flat wreath form (and white paint if necessary)
1 sheet each cardstock weight 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper in yellow, white, medium green and dark green
Silhouette Cameo or other cutting machine
Citrus cut shapes (by Rivka Wilkins)
DIY Lemon Wreath Instructions
- First I painted my wreath form with two coats of white paint. I knew parts of it would be visible and I wanted to make sure it looked nice!
- I bought these citrus shapes from the Silhouette design store and laid them out in my cutting machine design software. (I’m sure Cricut has lemon shapes, it would also be so easy to draw your own) I only needed 5 each of the whole lemon shapes and the half lemon slices for my wreath. The whole lemon shapes were fine as is, but for the half slices, I had to separate out the white and yellow parts and cut them separately. The double cut lines below are because I didn’t pay attention to scale and made them too big the first time around!
- After all of my cutting was finished, and I had weeded the shapes, I reassembled the lemon slices with a glue stick, stacking the yellow, then white, then yellow segments.
- Next to make the leaves, I just drew a very simple leaf shape myself in the design software. I cut leaf shapes in medium green and dark green and I had WAY more than I needed. I folded each leaf down the middle the long way. A bone folder (no longer actually made of bone, by the way) makes those folds super sharp and crisp.
- I played around arranging the leaves in both colors and the lemon shapes until I figured out how I wanted it to look and then I started attaching the paper lemon slices and leaves to the flat wreath form with hot glue adding a dot of glue only where the shapes touched the wreath form. Make sure to overlap and angle all the different elements so your lemon wreath has lots of dimension!
And that’s it! Your DIY Lemon Wreath is complete! How cute is that?!
Make your own easy and bright DIY Lemon Wreath from scrapbook paper, it's the perfect, sunny, summer lemon home decor! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Lemon Wreath
Make your own easy and bright DIY Lemon Wreath from scrapbook paper, it's the perfect, sunny, summer lemon home decor!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Free Printable Easter Egg Coupons - March 22, 2023
- Rainbow Rib Hat Knitting Pattern - March 22, 2023
- Twisted Stockinette Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - March 16, 2023
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Find out about our newest knitting patterns, crafts, DIYs and inspiration by signing up to receive our weekly newsletter here at Little Red Window!
Leave a Reply