This cute little Valentine’s Day Kiss Treat Box will be a fun surprise for your kids!
O gets SO excited when I make something for him. This cute little Valentine’s Day Kiss Treat Box was no exception. He said, “Mommy, what is that for?” And after I explained it was for Valentine’s Day to hold treats he earnestly said, “And it’s for ME right?!?!?!” Of course, O, it’s for you. And now that he can read he read the side that says “kiss” and then saw what candy I was putting inside and started laughing. I love his enthusiasm but I suspect that in this case, he was less excited by the cute well executed design (right?) and more excited by the prospect of candy. He is a kid after all. But until the big day, I have it sitting on a shelf in our dining room and it makes a cute Valentine’s Day decoration even without treats inside. But let’s be real, candy is more fun in a cute package. I mean, it’s Valentine’s Day, you’ve got to cram as much pink and shmaltz into it as you can! (It’s ok if you disagree, I’m actually not a big fan of the actual holiday, just a fan of the cute decorations, ha!) Anyway, here’s how I made it:
DIY Valentine’s Day Kiss Treat Box
Wood “Sweet” and “Kiss shapes – if you can’t find the ones I used at Michaels, THESE would be really cute!
1. If necessary, give your wood box a light sanding to take care of any rough edges. Then paint the outside light pink.
2. Paint the inside bright pink. If you need to, tape off the top with painters tape so you get a nice clean edge between the colors. 3. I painted the “Sweet” shape white and “Kiss” lip shapes hot pink.
4. When everything is dry, hot glue your shapes to the wood box.
5. I used a tiny paintbrush to add the word “You’re” above “Sweet”.
6. Fill your adorable new Kiss Treat Box with candy for Valentine’s Day! Obviously I went with Hershey Kisses since my box says “Kiss” on it…but you can pick your favorite!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…