This cute little Valentine Pom Pom Heart Craft adds a little joy to your Valentine’s Day celebration and is fun to make with materials you might already have at home!
I don’t know about you guys but this year I am all about the cute Valentine’s Day decor at home. It has been just about the longest year ever. I need some extra sparkle and joy. When I think back to last year at this time, I was busy. I had to deal with class Valentine’s Day cards, and playdates and parties. I barely noticed my holiday decorations.
But now that we’re home alllll the time, decorating for the holidays has been even more fun. It’s nice to change things up even just a little bit so you don’t get so tired of your surroundings. Honestly, I have worked from home for a long time, so I’m used to it, but I think it’s starting to wear on the rest of my family and they were super excited to see the Valentine’s Day decor come out.
I thought I had a lot of Valentine’s Day decorations, but when we went to go get them it didn’t seem like that much. I don’t know if that’s because I was comparing it to the amount of Christmas decor we just put away.
Anyway, I thought we needed a little bit more so I made this adorable Valentine Pom Pom Heart craft with some yarn, wire and wood beads and it turned out so cute!
I definitely recommend a pom pom maker for this, that’s probably the fastest way to make the poms!
Valentine Pom Pom Heart Craft Supply List
- Pink worsted weight yarn
- Pom pom maker
- 25mm plain wood beads
- 20 gauge steel wire
- Needle nose pliers and wire cutters
Valentine Pom Pom Heart Craft Instructions
- Gather your materials. A thicker 20 gauge wire is recommended. I tried this with thinner wire at first and the weight of the beads and poms made the heart shape slump.
- Cut the wire into about 24″ piece and roughly bend it into the shape or a heart with the two ends forming the bottom.
- Make a pile of pom poms with your pom pom maker. Mine are about 2 inches in diameter. Follow the directions of the pom pom maker and trim them at the end so they are nice and round.
- Begin stringing your heart shape. I started with a pom pom right in the center of the top of the heart because I didn’t think a bead would fit well where the yarn bends. Then continue adding beads and pom poms in a pattern on both sides.
- When you get very close to the bottom on one side, push the last pom and bead up, add one more pom and then bend the wire up into a U shape. Then pull the pom pom back down to bury the wire end inside.
- On the other side, after the last bead, poke the wire end through the center of the pom pom at the end of the other side. When it comes out the other side, bend that end into a U as well. Then do your best to hook the U shapes together inside that center bottom pom to hide the ends and keep the heart shape together!
- Add an extra loop of yarn to the top to hang your pom pom heart!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 8 Really Bad Crafting Habits We All Have (And How to Break Them) - February 22, 2024
- Plaid Double Brim Hat Knitting Pattern - February 20, 2024
- 5 Genius Tips to Make Craft Project Cleanup Less Painful - February 15, 2024