Wondering exactly how to download files from Etsy? You’re in the right place! Learn how to purchase and then download that knitting pattern, pdf artwork or any other file that you purchased from Etsy!
So you want to know how to download files from Etsy? Well, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve had my Etsy shop open for over 5 years now and by far, the most frequently asked question people have, is how to download files from Etsy that they just purchased.
Before I get to the step by step instructions here is the number one reason people have a problem with this:
DO NOT try to download your newly purchased digital file on a phone or mobile device or using the Etsy app. IT WILL NOT WORK.
Got it? Ok!
If you’re still having trouble, read on and I’ll take you through it, friend!
How to download files from Etsy, step by step:
- Purchase your digital download, in my case a downloadable knitting pattern found here.
- Wait a few minutes for a confirmation email from Etsy. You may need to look in your junk or spam email folder.
- Open that email and click on the download link on a regular old desktop computer, NOT your phone.
If that doesn’t work, or you can’t find the email, or you want to download a file that you purchased a while ago, here’s how to download files from Etsy straight from the site:
- Go to the Esty website
- Login to the Etsy account that you purchased the file with (this is another common problem people have, they log in with the wrong account…)
- Click on the “YOU” icon in the upper right of your screen
- A dropdown will open, click on “PURCHASES AND REVIEWS”
- This will take you to your Purchases and Reviews page, find the pattern or file you purchased in the list of purchases. Click the DOWNLOAD FILES button to the right of that purchase.
- This will take you to a download page for that purchase. Click the white download button on the right.
- This will cause a window to pop up prompting you to save the file. Choose the folder on your computer that you want to save it in and click “SAVE”.
- Now open that folder on your computer and double click on the file to open it. You MUST have a pdf reader installed on your computer to open the file. I recommend Adobe Reader, it’s free!
- Open the file and push Ctrl+P on a windows computer (or Command + P on a mac) to print your file!
And that’s it! It really is that easy to learn how to download files from Etsy. Hop on over to my knitting pattern shop and grab a couple!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…