This easy DIY sheep costume is the perfect cozy Halloween costume for your little one this October!
Happy Halloween, friends! How are you doing, are you ready for Halloween? This year, as I mentioned last week, Baby V actually has two costumes. It is a sad day in a crafty parent’s life when their child or children start to have opinions about what kind of costume they want. Luckily, this year Baby V had a good idea.
But that day is coming soon at my house and I’m not really ready for it. This is precisely why this year Baby V has two costumes. She is going to wear this adorable easy DIY sheep costume (her choice) to school and her DIY birthday cake costume (my idea and her second choice) for trick-or-treat.
If I was going to make two costumes, I knew that at least one of them needed to be really really EASY. And I’m not going to lie, this one was. I mean, I know you all probably don’t have a knit sheep bonnet sitting around in your office, but I did, so after that it was a piece of cake.
I also gave her two options for this cute furry sheep costume. We tried the costume on with my little lamb bonnet and with a little sheep ears knit headband which is even easier and faster. I think they’re both super cute, so it’s up to you.
(However, if you don’t knit, don’t despair! You can make some sheep ears out of felt, attach them to a white headband, and you’re all set! Instructions for that are below)
Should we talk about how I put together this easy sheep costume for kids? Let’s go!
Easy DIY Sheep Costume Supply List
- Little Lamb Bonnet knitting pattern and related supplies
- Black pants and black long sleeved shirt
- White tutu (optional)
- White sherpa vest
- Black face paint
Easy DIY Sheep Costume Instructions
You have four options for making DIY sheep ears:
- Use my Little Lamb Bonnet knitting pattern and knit a sheep ears bonnet.
- OR knit a sheep ears headband by casting on the same number of stitches per size as the hat, knitting for 2 1/2 inches in seed stitch, binding off and then knitting the ears exactly as written for the Little Lamb Bonnet knitting pattern. Then sew the ears to the headband when you are finished.
- OR use my Lamb Hat knitting pattern to knit a sheep hat.
- OR cut 2 identical sheep ear shapes from white felt. Then cut 2 slightly small sheep ear shapes from pink felt. Sew or glue them together to make two ears. Then attach the felt sheep ears to either a white plastic headband with hot glue or a white knit headband with a needle and thread.
When you have made your DIY sheep ears, dress your little one in black pants and a black long sleeved shirt, add the white sherpa vest and white tutu (if they choose to wear a tutu). And finally, add a little dot of black face paint to their nose. That’s it! You’re all set!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 1×1 Rib Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - September 29, 2022
- Happy Halloween Stocking Cap Knitting Pattern - September 27, 2022
- Top 5 Craft Tips for Successful Craft Projects - September 22, 2022