You can DIY your own Lace Mirror Makeover in just a few easy steps!
Anyone else have those projects hanging around that you just keep on putting off? Maybe it’s lack of time. Maybe it’s lack of inspiration. Maybe you just plain forget about it. Well, this is one of those, I got this mirror way back when I was in grad school. How do I know? For whatever reason, it has a stock sticker on the back labeled 2002! I’ve had this mirror longer than my husband! I can’t remember where it came from but I do remember the first time it got a makeover. Originally it was white and at some point, I painted it to look like this:
There’s nothing really wrong with it, it’s just not my style anymore (and pretty early 2000’s). So I haven’t had it hanging up for years and it’s been sitting around needing help. But I couldn’t decide what to do with it. Until this last weekend when I was rummaging around in my craft closet, and saw some pretty contact paper I had leftover from something else. So I wrote up this little tutorial to show you what I did. It was so easy but it’s a HUGE change!
Lace Mirror Makeover
Mirror or Frame with wide sides
Acrylic Craft Paint
2. Then measure, measure, measure the interior part of the mirror. It may help you to make a paper template to make sure it fits. I walked on the wild side and just cut it right out of my contact paper! I know, I know, I’m so daring!
3. Get a drink, or put on some soothing music, take a deep breath, and get ready to apply the contact paper. Starting at one edge sloooooooowly peel off the paper backing. This totally reminded me of putting one of those screen protectors on your smartphone. You know what I mean? And they always give you 3 in case you screw up? Does anyone EVER use fewer than all 3 of them? I know I don’t!
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Double Pom Pom Hat Knitting Pattern - May 11, 2021
- Fantastic Knitting Reference Books to Add to Your Library! - May 6, 2021
- Playful Puppy Dog Hat Knitting Pattern - May 4, 2021