Make these gorgeous sparkly Ombré Glitter Christmas Trees for next to nothing!
I should start out by saying, I am totally happy with how these trees turned out. But I had a total craft fail that required a right turn mid-project. Does that ever happen to anyone else? I had this plan to make these out of styrofoam cones like this:I took them outside, gave them a coat with gold spray paint and was excited about how the styrofoam was looking super sparkly just on its own. And then I came back ten minutes later and realized that the spray paint had been eating the styrofoam and now the cones were super craggy with chunks eaten away. So it was back to the drawing board! Note to self! Do not use spray paint on this kind of styrofoam! Here’s what I did do:
Ombré Glitter Christmas Trees
Craft glue, mod podge or glitter glue
3. Spray paint the cones with gold paint only about 2/3 of the way up the cone. Spray less towards the top to create an ombré effect.
4. Brush on some craft glue towards the top of the cone and sprinkle glitter over it. Use more glitter at the top and less as you go down. As you can see in the photos below, it looked kind of uneven while I was doing it but that was only the whiteness of the glue, once it dried it looked fine. After the first coat dries a little, add more glue and sprinkle on the chunky glitter. Again, use more glitter towards the top and less as you go down. 6. Once it dries, tap the cones to knock of excess glitter and enjoy! It might seem weird but I usually do glitter projects next to my kitchen sink and on top of a flexible plastic placemat. I use the placemat to funnel the leftover glitter back into the containers and then I wipe the rest that I can’t clean up directly into the sink. It seems to minimize getting glitter all over the entire house.
- Use Leftover Vinyl Scraps for These Creative Craft Project Ideas - September 21, 2023
- Dr. Frankenstein’s Stitched Hat Knitting Pattern - September 19, 2023
- The Best Basic Embroidery Tools and Materials You NEED To Get Started - September 14, 2023