These cute little yarn pom pom pumpkins are so quick and cute, they’re the perfect adorable Halloween decoration!
Oh my gosh, you guys, I made some easy pom pom pumpkins and they are the CUTEST!
If there is one thing I have enough extra of in this house, it’s yarn. And the other day I was making a pom pom for the top of a hat when I thought to myself that a pom pom pumpkin would be cute. But these turned out even more adorable that I had hoped.
My pom pom maker set came with multiple size makers so I made my cute yarn pumpkins in three different sizes just for fun. They’d be cute in some other fall colors just like real pumpkins too!
They’d also be a really fun craft to make for a craft night (or maybe a virtual craft night these days) or even with your kids. All you need is some some yarn, pom pom makers and a few little sticks. I grabbed some wood chips from under our swingset and they were perfect!
These look super cute on my mantel or nestled among other things on my bookshelf. My kids are particularly enamored with them because they’re so soft and adorable. Just remember to keep them out of little hands!
And also, before you start, make sure you read the instructions that came with YOUR pom pom maker. I can’t guarantee that they all work exactly the same way.
Let’s get crafting!
Pom Pom Pumpkins Supply List
Wood chips or small sticks
Pom Pom Pumpkin Instructions
- Get your orange yarn, pom pom maker, hot glue gun, sharp scissors and some wood chips or small sticks.
- Wind your pom pom maker with orange yarn according to its instructions
- Cut each side of the pom pom according to the instructions with sharp scissors
- Tie a length of yarn around the center of the pom pom according to the pom pom maker’s instructions
- Release the pom pom from the pom pom maker
- Your new pom pom will probably look pretty messy
- Give your pom pom a trim with the scissors until it’s nice and round
- Add a dab of hot glue to one end of a wood chip and glue it down inside the pom pom to look like a pumpkin stem.
- The Essential Guide: How to Clean Up Craft Supplies - October 21, 2021
- DIY Bat Girl Costume - October 20, 2021
- Easy DIY Sheep Costume - October 19, 2021