This DIY Snowflake Candle Holder would be a perfect craft to make with your older kids!
Oh you guys, I got tricked again by the sparkly foam shapes. I bought two packages of these cute sparkly snowflakes at the dollar storeOnly to discover halfway through the project that only HALF on them are actually sparkly and the rest are sparkle-less (that should totally be a real word). So annoying! So this craft changed (luckily before I started gluing anything) but I still think it turned out cute and it’s so easy that it would be a great one to do with an older child. Just remember, if you use a real candle, just use common sense, don’t use a tippy candle, keep out of the way of small pets and children etc…
Easy DIY Snowflake Candle Holder
7 sparkly foam snowflake shapes
1. First find a bowl that’s the size you want your candle holder to be. 2. Then roughly arrange your snowflake shapes to make sure they will fit. When you are happy, start gluing them together on top of the upside down bowl. I put the sparkles on the inside but you could do it either way. Just make sure you don’t glue them TO the bowl. 3. I added an extra snowflake shape to the bottom when I was done to make it a little more sturdy.
4. Flip the snowflake bowl over and add glue to any little spots that need to be reinforced to a make a nice smooth bowl shape.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- 8 Really Bad Crafting Habits We All Have (And How to Break Them) - February 22, 2024
- Plaid Double Brim Hat Knitting Pattern - February 20, 2024
- 5 Genius Tips to Make Craft Project Cleanup Less Painful - February 15, 2024