This sweet gold dipped heart pendant is super easy to make and would make a wonderful gift for Valentine’s Day!
So this project turned out sooo much cuter than I thought it would! Sometimes it pays to try something out even if you think it might not be that good. Because usually my attempts at jewelry making are average at best. It’s not one of my strenths in life. But I’m obsessed with this air dry clay right now and this literally took only a few minutes to make so I count it as a total win. And it certainly doesn’t need to only be for Valentine’s Day. Heart necklaces can be worn year round. One of my BFFs has one she wears pretty much every day. Of course hers has little diamonds all around it, so you know, that also helps, ha!
Here’s how I did it:
Air Dry Clay Valentine Heart Pendant
1. Roll out your clay with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch think. Then use a clay tool or a knife to cut a heart shape. 2.. Use a wet fingertip to carefully smooth the edges. Use a toothpick to poke a hole for hanging. Then let it dry thoroughly. 3. Using acrylic craft paint, paint your pendant however you’d like. I used a pale blush pink and then a gold-dipped tip.
4. When it’s dry, use your round-nosed pliers to form a little loop, wind the end of the wire around itself below the loop to secure. 5. Thread the other end of the wire through the hole in your pendant, back around and wind around itself to secure, then cut the excess wire. 6. Hang your pendant on a chain and enjoy!
- The 5 Different Types of Pens & Markers You NEED in Your Craft Room - September 27, 2023
- Peekaboo Black Cat Hat Knitting Pattern - September 26, 2023
- Use Leftover Vinyl Scraps for These Creative Craft Project Ideas - September 21, 2023