Make a simple Christmas Snowflake Marquee Sign for the holiday season!
Unless you’re living under a rock, you may have noticed that Marquee signs and Marquee letters are totally hot right now. There are a ton of DIY versions on Pinterest. And I love them. I actually saw a really really cute one the other day at Michaels and that’s what inspired this project. Because although the metal, light-up version at the store was great, I was not a fan of the price. Even with a coupon. So I decided to make my own version with two goals in mind. #1: make it as cheap as possible. A lot of the DIY versions I’ve seen use those 3D paper mache letters to start with which are not super cheap. My flat letters were under $2 each. And #2: do something different with mine. So instead of lights, I went with snowflakes and I totally love how it turned out! Here’s how I did it:
Snowflake Marquee Sign
Flat chipboard letters
1. I found these flat letters in the scrapbooking area of my local craft store. They were less than $2 each!
2. To make them 3D like marquee letters, I thought I would try craft foam to make the sides of the letters. It was an experiment and I liked how easy it was to fit it around the curves, but it’s not the sturdiest material. You could also use poster board or something similar. I cut the foam into 1 1/2 inch wide strips with an exacto knife.
3. Then I just used hot glue to construct the sides of the letters. You just measure and cute each side as you go. 4.When the letters were done, I gave them two coats of red paint.
5. Then I used my Silhouette cameo to cut out some snowflakes from white cardstock. If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can use a snowflake paper punch! I have this one and it’s great!
6. I arranged the snowflakes inside the letters, I had to cut most of them into smaller parts to fit. Then I just used a gluestick to stick them to the back. Finally I used hot glue to glue the three letters together so they would all stand upright together.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Free Printable Easter Egg Coupons - March 22, 2023
- Rainbow Rib Hat Knitting Pattern - March 22, 2023
- Twisted Stockinette Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - March 16, 2023
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Find out about our newest knitting patterns, crafts, DIYs and inspiration by signing up to receive our weekly newsletter here at Little Red Window!
Leave a Reply