Make some fun Chomping Clothespin Animals with an easy tutorial! | littleredwindow.com
A couple week ago, before we moved, I bought some clothespins at the craft store intending to use them for another project. And I was working at my kitchen island, as I am known to do, saw them sitting there and realized they would make excellent chomping animal friends. I mean, how fun would that be, right? They have the chomping action already built in!
So I thought and thought. And thought some more and eventually came up with these guys, froggie, shark and alligator. And in this case I will use the word “tutorial” loosely because generally I like to think that my tutorials are the easiest and best way I’ve found to do something and this, although it turned out great, was more of an experiment. Did it take a while? yes. Is it something meant for kids who play roughly? probably not. But it was a fun creative challenge so, realistic or not, I’m sharing it!
Chomping Clothespin Animals
Craft knife or scissors
1. I started by tracing my clothespin onto the paper.
2. Then I sketched out the animals shapes to cover the clothespin. I decided each animal would be made of two parts, the main body and the lower jaw. So for the alligator, his upper head, body, tail and feet are all one part, while the lower jaw is another.
4. Once that was dry, I used a fine tipped pen to add details.
This is the top main piece.
6.Put glue only along the top part of the clothes pin and glue on the top main piece. Do not glue it to the lower half of the clothespin!
7. Now glue the lower jaw piece here:
Would you like to meet them?
Here’s the Chomping Alligator:
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- Purl Ridge Stitch Knitting Pattern: Easy How To for Beginners - February 2, 2023
- Valentine Gnome Hat Knitting Pattern - January 31, 2023
- Free Printable Unicorn Pencil Valentines - January 26, 2023