Make this gorgeous Thanksgiving wall hanging from a cheap dollar store placemat!
The Target dollar section got me again, you guys. I seriously should not be allowed to go in there. Especially since most of the things in there are no longer actually just a dollar. But I just can’t resist. And this cute little “Grateful” placemat jumped in my cart the last time I was in the store. I only got one because I knew I wasn’t actually going to use it as a placemat. But how cute would a bunch of them be on a big thanksgiving table? So cute, you wouldn’t want to put plates on top of them! Anyway, I wandered the aisle at the hardware store around the corner and grabbed a couple things that made this wall hanging super simple. Here’s how I did it!
Simple Thanksgiving Wall Hanging
Thanksgiving Placemat (similar)
- First I held the dowel up to my placemat and marked about a total of 2 inches longer than the placemat and then cut two pieces of the same length.2. Dry fit the copper couplings on the ends of your dowels, if they’re too tight, you might need to sand them down a little. Then stain a couple inches at each end of each dowel and let it dry.
3. Put the copper couplings on each end of the dowels, you can glue them if you want. 4. Line the edge of the placemat up centered on one dowell and glue it. Then wrap it around a little to hide the dowel and add more glue. Repeat with the other dowel.
If you liked this, you may also like some of my other posts…
- The Cutest Vegetable and Fruit Baby Hat Knitting Patterns - May 28, 2020
- Little Lemon Hat Knitting Pattern - May 27, 2020
- Make Your Own Craft Supplies - May 21, 2020