Can I share one of your posts?
- Yes, please do share my work! You may share one or two of my images as long as you provide a proper link back to the original post. Please do not crop out watermarks, post any written steps or use more than one photo of tutorial steps.
- If you share one of my posts on social media, don’t forget to tag me!
- facebook: @littleredwindow
- instagram: @littleredwindowcrafts
- twitter: @littleredwindow
- g+: +LittleRedWindow
- Ravelry: www.ravelry.com/people/cassieheckman
Can I sell something I made with one of your knitting patterns?
- Knitting patterns (and craft tutorials for that matter) are intended for personal use only. Do not distribute, post online or sell printable patterns and tutorials. You are not allowed to sell finished items made with my patterns or tutorials. If you knit something from one of my patterns and write about it, please link back to my post!
I thought you said this knitting pattern was free? Why is it taking me to your etsy shop to pay?
- Go back to the pattern page and #1: actually read the post and #2: keep scrolling down… yep, keep going…past the pdf printable button…yep, there it is! The entire pattern IS available for free. And look! There are even step by step photos! Now if you prefer a convenient one-page (or two pages in a few cases) printable version or want some additional size options, you can upgrade to the PDF version for a few dollars. That little bit of money helps me keep my site running and I soooo appreciate it. But it certainly isn’t mandatory.
How do I print one of your free knitting patterns?
- You can just hit print on the website, but it will probably be several pages long. If you want the convenience of a one page printable version (+ additional size options) for just a few dollars, visit my Etsy shop. As I said, those few bucks help me keep my site running and help me keep bringing you adorable patterns!
Can I take your post and repost an excerpt or the entire thing on my site?
- No. Seriously. I have lawyer friends.
- littleredwindow.com is copyrighted and cannot be copied and reproduced (either in print or electronic form) without my prior written consent.
Can I make one of your projects/ideas but repost it on my own site with my own words and pictures?
- You can, but that isn’t very nice.
Can I make something “inspired by” one of your projects/ideas and post it on my site?
- Yes, of course, but I really really appreciate a mention and obvious link as your inspiration. Feel free to add how much you love me. 😉
How do I print one of your free printables?
- Click on the link within the post and a pdf will open in a new tab in your browser. Print the pdf from there to your home printer (I recommend cardstock). The print will print on 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper so you will have to trim your print down to 8″ x 10″ with a craft knife or scissors to fit in a standard frame.
Can I distribute, sell, or post one of your free printables?
- Free printables are copyright Little Red Window Design and are intended for personal use only. You may not distribute, sell, reproduce (in print or electronically), or post them online. You also may not use any of the art or designs from the free printables in other works of art, printed materials, as clip art, or on other websites. If you’re interested in sharing one of my free printables you may share the one featured low-res image from the post (with watermark) and include a link back to the original full post for people to print their own copy.
In case you were wondering, here’s the disclosure policy here at Little Red Window:
This policy is valid from 04 February 2015
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Little Red Window (Little Red Window Design) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All Amazon affiliate links will be identified. There is no additional cost to you if you purchase anything through these links.
Our website may contain other affiliate marketing links, including Craftsy and ShareASale, or Skimlinks, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. There is NO additional cost to you. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
I will never sell your information to any third parties when you sign up for my newsletter, comment or otherwise contact me!
This site does contain links to other third party sites. I am not responsible for their privacy practices, please be careful with your personal information.
I reserve the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time.
Questions? Please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org